Resources on anti-Black racism
This document provides a non-exhaustive inventory of anti-Black racism resources. Bilingual resources are identified with an asterisk and we are also working to gather resources available in French. We will continue to update the document as we learn of more resources.
Federal Black Employee Caucus Reports
Report of Second Annual Meeting (Feb 2020) – This report provides a summary of the discussions held during FBEC’s second annual general meeting, held at the National Gallery of Canada in Ottawa on February 24, 2020.
FBEC Progress Report – April 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
FBEC’s Inaugural Symposium Report (Feb 2019) – Following our inaugural symposium in January 2019, a report outlining issues and proposed solutions was prepared and shared with members and senior bureaucrats.
Sharing of personal experiences (August 2018) – Personal experiences of discriminatory behaviour towards FBEC members were compiled and shared in this montage which was presented at our August 2018 meeting at the Ottawa Public Library.
Our FUBU moment (August 2018) – This article was written and circulated following our August 2018 interdepartmental meeting with members and the Parliamentary Black Caucus.
- Public Service Commission – Audit of Employment Equity Representation in Recruitment
- United Nations – Report of the Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent on its Mission to Canada
- Treasury Board – Building a Diverse and Inclusive Public Service: Final Report of the Joint Union/Management Task Force on Diversity and Inclusion
- Public Service Commission – Employment Equity Promotion Rate Study
- Employment and Social Development Canada – Employment Equity Act: Annual Report 2018
- Statistics Canada – Canada’s Black population: Growing in number and diversity
- Statistics Canada – Diversity of the Black population in Canada: An overview
- Black Ottawa Scene – 10 Ways to Build Successful Black Organizations (Robin Browne)
- Femmes noires fonctionnaires des trajectoires jonchées d’obstacles des plus pernicieux (Myrlande Pierre)